Entertainment News

Prince William Inspired by Princess Diana’s Charity Initiative

Princess Diana, Princess of Wales and her sons Prince William and Prince Harry. Anwar Hussein/Getty Images

Prince William explained how his late mother, Princess Dianainspired his latest charity initiative.

“I got inspiration and guidance from what my mum did, especially through homelessness,” said William, 42, in the trailer for his upcoming ITV documentary, Prince William: We Can End Homelessness.

The 30-second clip, released on Sunday, October 13, showed William wearing an apron as he visited a homeless shelter. In the speech, the Prince of Wales explained his intention to tackle the problem of homelessness in the UK (The date of the release of the document has not been confirmed.)

“Little by little I’ve been trying to figure out, ‘What can I bring to the role and the platform that I have?'” says William in the trailer.

William launched the Homeward 2023 project with the Royal Foundation of The Prince and Princess of Wales. Homeward aims to make homelessness “uncommon, short and non-recurring” through a five-year community-led programme.

Before her death, Diana made homelessness a priority in her philanthropy by serving as a patron of Centerpoint, a UK charity (Diana died aged 36 in a car accident in August 1997.)

Prince William took inspiration from his mother Princess Diana with the Charity Initiative

Prince William JONATHAN BRADY/POOL/AFP via Getty Images

As children, William and Prince Harry they used to accompany their mother to organizations that help the homeless. Both of these officials have carried on their mother’s legacy when it comes to philanthropy.

While William focused on ending homelessness in the UK, his younger brother joined the HALO Trust and literally followed in Diana’s footsteps on a trip to Angola in 2019.

Diana went to the country in 1997 and walked in the mining area. Harry did the same when he took his journey decades later. Landmines in Angola are a growing problem, a problem Harry and the HALO Trust aim to tackle.

“A lot has changed in my life and in the world since 2019 when I started touring [Angola]. In those five years, I became a father for the second time,” he said in his speech at the end of last month, talking about his three-year-old daughter Lilibet. (He and his wife Meghan Markle and share a 5-year-old son Archie.)

“Although you don’t need children to contribute to the future of our planet, I know my mother would be horrified that anyone’s children or grandchildren would live in a world still full of mines,” continued Harry, noting that. his walk looked different from the steps Diana took. (“Diana’s tree” now marks the spot where a member of the late royal family was photographed in the ’90s.)

“As you know, the work of the HALO Trust in Angola meant a lot to my mother and carrying on her legacy is a responsibility that I take incredibly seriously and I think we all know how much she would want us to complete this work,” Harry added during his speech. “We are all here because we are a group of true believers fighting for a mine-free world.”


Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button