County builds a new homeless agency, and has taken hundreds of millions from Luka

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors have agreed to a billion distribution system from the Agency of Home Agency on Tuesday, despite warnings from LA Meyor Bass about the early fight against the households.
With 4-0 vote, administrators signed the strike to build a new County Holyness door and the budget immediately exceeded $ 1 billion. On July 2026, the authorities will travel over $ 300 million from Rate A, a sales tax in part, outside Los Angeles Homes Services, or LAHSA, and New County Agency.
More than 700 County workers will be transferred to Jan’s new agency. 1
County administrators claim that changes will give them direct self-oversee, and ultimately, great accountability, and more money produced by the Half-Cent tax, began working on Tuesday. That rate, which provides funds prepared for the Local Services List of Local Services and Homes, worked as a refund of H, a quarterable tax sales taxes approved in 2017.
“This moment is about the County that takes taxpayers who have taxed us and invested in what is active,” said the program.
The authorities said they followed the recommendations of the blue Commission, called in 2022 in the construction of a new home organization and the direction of KalahSa’s new responsibility. They also disclose frustration over the audit of books that criticize excessively criticism of LAHA, or lack of it, over contracts and programs.
The vote was mistreated with bass, who opposed the changes to the creation of other bureaucrats, when we devote the power away from the effort to distribute people. With a great chunk of dirty budget we disappear, the long-term future is now asking.
Hours before the convention, Bass and City CouncilberberMember, ye Raman, withdraws a letter to the letter to which the changes will eventually reduce the “essential.”
“This action will cause a reminder of the development of our progress and endangering difficulties of homelessness, not to finish it,” wrote.
Five Members in Council Council – Bob Blumenfield, Ysabel Jurodo, Katim Mcosker, Katy Yarosker, Katy Yaroslavsky and Raman – show him to bring the same message, which was afraid of a deadly effort to fight homes. The city is already in financial trouble, is facing a budget under the less than $ 1 billion.
Ramin said he and other members of the council were eliminated to measure a, to encourage the residents to expand the sale tax.
“I firmly believe that these voters may have not supported that dollars will be sent to the County without installing the city,” he said.
Rashes, who was founded in 1993 as part of an effort to ensure that city and County worked together by households, decision will produce financial quake. County provides the largest budget of $ 875 million for year – 40%, or about $ 348 million, according to the agency website. Most of the County finances will go to this new organization, according to the authorities.
Horvath said the County, soon it will be drawn by measuring income, causing it to pay for the situation. Integrating the programs of homelessness from many County departments will be found basically to overseeing and accountability, “he said.
The new agency will be released after the Department of Health Ministry, Horvath called the “most effective program for whatever is done in County to the time.” The program, you said, has a higher rate of transporting people to eternity and maintained households.
Health houses began in 2012 and started homeless patients in government hospitals in the County government, Sarah Mahin, Sarah, Director of Studies Director on Tuesday. Since then, it has expanded more than 600 employees and the 875 million budgets.
The program includes homeless, financial aid to employers at risk of dismissal and temporary beds.
“We can do great things – things that work,” said Horvath. “Health Health Housing, and the Board of Managers has created it.”
Dinyielle Holley, Pomona City Supervisors, welcomed the changes, said that they would ensure that the unemployed work plan “focus on the needs of all stakeholders.”
“Our region will relate to the voters who passed by,” he said.
But the manager Holly Mitchell, in the District of La La La Mitches from Koreatown to Carson, warned her colleagues that they moved quickly – and without a clearer strategy for the refund.
Mitchell tried to postpone the first day of a new agency, only to be issued. He prevented the voting of the application itself.
Vela Lecia Adams Kellom, Chief Executive Officer, trying to spell her in the last two years, only the MICs are cut inside her words. Supyn Barger gave him 90 seconds, more than other members of the public.
Nathaniel Vergow, Deputy Head of Places Elasa, told the Board to spend its working work working for homes – and opened by the needle attempts. “
“However, I don’t understand it is the acceleration of the proposed plan to move all services other than a real plan,” he said. “The timeline is not a plan.”
Lastly summer, Lahsa reported that “the end of the home – the streets of the streets – were forbidden about 5% over the region and 10% in the city of LASA promised to express future progress in the coming weeks.
Critics say that progress has been very slow, especially compared with billions of dollars. One book audit, commissioned by the US District Judge David O. Carter, found that Luhasa had no sufficient oversight to ensure that contractors brought the services they were paid to provide for the development and fraud.
Last week, Adams Kellum sent Carter the book The Agency works to improve its performance. Carter, who has considered a case involving homes, responding by calling those promises “unreasonable.”
Barger said he and his colleagues were ‘trying to finish Laha.’ And he promised to answer the new homeless door to rest five county administrators.
“I can only speak, as I am Judge Carter Carter last week – not very bad,” he said.
Source link